Disability News Service, Resources, Diversity, Americans with Disabilities Act; Local and National.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

"I am my daughter's dream keeper" : community, advocacy & disability live in Illinois

Jane tells her story about her family especially her daughter Paige. She wants Paige to have the same opportunities as her other kids and reach for her dreams. Jane hopes for a person-centered approach in Illinois and for all people to have choices in life.

Jane: "I am my daughter's dream keeper"

Uploaded by lifemywayil on Nov 16, 2009
(refresh if no video)

My story:
I have four kids. I advocate for my daughter Paige and I am her dream keeper. My goal is to bring together other families to help create opportunities in community for them.

Why I advocate:
I still see injustice for people with developmental disabilities. Often times they are isolated and misunderstood. I am hoping to change the lack of integration for people with disabilities.

LifeMyWay means:
A real person centered approach.

My dreams:
For every one of my kids to be happy.

No comments: