The "REV UP Campaign" is coordinating the second annual National Disability Voter Registration Week (NDVRW) to increase the political power of people with disabilities while also engaging candidates and the media to recognize the disability community.
How to get involved:
- Statement of Support for the REV UP Campaign and National Disability Voter Registration Week - sign here!
- Check out our live State Resources and Events page to see if there are any REV UP events or activities near you.
- Plan your own voter registration event. We have some resources available on our NDVRW page. When you have the details of your event ready please complete this online form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hold a press event or conference with local partners to announce national and local efforts to get new people with disabilities registered to vote (sample press release)
- Write letters to the editor or Op-Eds and engage local radio or TV stations on the growing efforts by the disability community to become an influential voice in electoral politics this November and beyond.
- Host a workshop or training on state voter registration rules as well as your rights as a person with a disability.
- Make your organization a polling place. (Resources: How To Serve As A Polling Site and ADA Polling Place Checklist)
- Go to your City Council, County Commissioner, State Representative, etc. to get the week of a draft Proclamation is available here). declared National Disability Voter Registration Week (
These are just a few ideas to engage your community leading up to, throughout, and beyond National Disability Voter Registration Week. Check out AAPD's website for more information.
source: American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD)