information posted is from World Sport Chicago ...
World Sport Chicago
The Valor Games Midwest is an introductory adaptive sports competition for veterans and service members with physical and visual disabilities. During the three-day event, athletes compete in discus, shot put, cycling, archery, powerlifting and indoor rowing.
Last year’s event hosted more than 150 athletes, the largest Games to date! Promoting healthy, active lifestyles is important to successful community reintegration and overall life satisfaction. World Sport Chicago is proud to support such endeavors. This event is organized in partnership with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, U.S. Paralympics and the Chicago Park District.
Qualifying athletes may be active duty service members or veterans from any era. Their disabilities may include:
- Amputation/limb loss
- Post traumatic stress
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Visual disabilities, or
- Any disability rating from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
2014 Valor Games Midwest Schedule
**Times Subject to Change**
Wednesday, August 20th: Soldier Field – 1410 S Museum Campus Dr (Gate O)
- 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM – Opening Ceremonies
- 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM – Veterans Resource Expo and Biathlon Clinic
- 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM – Field Events (Shot Put and Discus)
Thursday, August 21st: United Center – 1901 W Madison St (South Parking Lot and Concourse)
- 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM – Rowing
- 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM – Cycling
Friday, August 22nd: Armour Square Park – 3309 S Shields Ave
- 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM – Archery
- 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM – Golf Clinic
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM – Powerlifting
- 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM – Closing Ceremonies
We could not support our military and veteran athletes at the Valor Games Midwest without the help of hundreds of volunteers. If you are interested in learning more about volunteering at the Valor Games, please visit our volunteer website!
For more information, contact email@example.com or 312-861-4848.