as shared by Anixter Center - Disability Services in Chicago...
On-the Job Evaluation Program
Qualifications: B.A./B.S. Degree in Social Service or related field from an accredited college or university and at least one year of paid supervisory experience working with special populations. Valid Driver’s License and acceptance as an agency approved designated driver. Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred; working knowledge of MS Office - WORD.
Reports to: Manager - Employment Services, OJE Coordinator
Supervises: On-the-Job Evaluation program staff and coaches
Hours: Full time. Scheduled hours will be flexible; usual hours will be Monday through Friday daytime hours.
Job Objective: To assist the Program Manager in ongoing curriculum development and refinement for the On-the-Job Evaluation Program at participating community business sites. To insure that policies and procedures of the host business are observed by clients and representatives of Anixter Center. With, or in the absence of, the program Manager, to interact with business management, DRS Counselors and potential hiring employers on behalf of Anixter Center and individual program participants. To implement the curriculum on behalf of people referred to the program.
1. To assist the manager in achieving program goals for billable weeks and placements coming out of the program. This can include providing information and feedback to DRS counselors, marketing the program to prospective host businesses, and job development with community employers. Usual goals for the current program size are: 250 billable weeks and 10 90-day competitive placements.
2. Assist program Manager in the recruitment, hire and supervision of staff.
3. To assist staff in their professional development and growth.
4. Work with Manager to gain an ongoing awareness of budget opportunities and constraints
5. To participate in Management and Staff meetings of the department and the agency whenever possible.
6. Primary direct responsibility will be to insure the on-site implementation of the OJE curriculum – intake paperwork, progress notes, 4 and 8 week Staffing Reports, observation of work for the purpose of assessment of employment readiness and preparation for work. Employment Counseling, resume preparation, interviewing practice and job development assistance will be provided.
7. Submit client and staff payroll information in a timely manner.
8. Oversee the Job Development for those program participants referred post OJE for employment services – either competitive or Supported Employment. With the program Manager and any staff of the OJE, to work as a placement Team of Anixter Center’s Employment Program.
9. Oversee the management of individual participant files according to agency and CARF standards
10. Complete Agency required trainings.
11. Follow all agency safety rules and regulations.
12. Represent Anixter Center in a professional manner.
13. Act as part of the Anixter Center team to promote the mission of the agency and of the department, to promote new ideas, to encourage and recognize staff efforts; to share information with the department which will assist others in the performance of their responsibilities; to assist program manager as requested.
|Important! When sending a résumé via e-mail attachment, please:|
|Interested individuals should forward their résumé, plus a cover letter indicating the position of interest to:|
|Human Resources Department|
2001 N. Clybourn Av, 3rd Floor, Chicago, IL 60614
Fax: (773) 973-5268
Click here to send e-mail.
|Anixter Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V, and is a smoke-free workplace.|