It provides access to services and resources at the national, state and local levels to support recovery, rehabilitation and community reintegration. Visitors can find information on a variety of topics including benefits & compensation, education & training, employment, family & caregiver support, health, homeless assistance, housing, transportation & travel, volunteer opportunities and other services & resources. For help on how to find resources on the site, visit the How to Use this Site section of the NRD.
The NRD is a partnership among the Departments of Defense, Labor and Veterans Affairs. The information contained within the NRD is from federal, state and local government agencies; Veterans service and benefit organizations; non-profit and community-based organizations; academic institutions and professional associations that provide assistance to wounded warriors and their families.
Throughout 2011 the National Resource Directory (NRD) reached out to its growing audience of more than 30,000 subscribers through email bulletins about important news, events and resources added to the site. Below are the top 10 email bulletins that our subscribers found most helpful. Click on the links below to find information about TRICARE, job training programs, help for caregivers and much more.
1)Resources for Families & Caregivers from the National Resource Directory:
2)A Few Tips to Help You Find the Information You’re Looking for on the National Resource Directory: http://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/USNRD-180dfe
3) Check Out VA’s Site Navigator & "Big List": http://www.va.gov/opa/sitenavigator.asp
4) Joining Forces – Taking Action to Serve America’s Military Families:
5) VA Reaching Out to Veterans & Their Families through Social Media:
6) Employment & Career Planning Resources from the National Resource Directory: http://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/USNRD-86bf4
7) 10 Ways to Stay Connected with the National Resource Directory:
8) Your TRICARE Resources: http://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/USNRD-60674
9) VA Programs & Services You Should Know About:
10) Most Requested Forms from VA Forms Online: http://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/USNRD-c2b76
For more information on the NRD please visit: https://www.nationalresourcedirectory.gov/