as shared by the National Council on Aging
Did you know that the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) manages the largest health care delivery system? It provides care to approximately 5.75 million unique veteran patients. This webinar examines a range of services and benefits available through the VHA. You’ll learn about:
- The San Antonio Coalition for Veterans & Families collaborative efforts to connect veterans, families and caregivers with community resources to improve their lives.
- Local programs available to guide veterans and strategies to find and partner with them.
- Which veterans can enroll in VA benefits and, whether their family members are eligible.
- What are the standard medical benefits? And, are they different from what Medicare covers?
- Why would beneficiaries with VA care enroll in Medicare? If they delay, what Medicare late enrollment penalties apply?
- Differences in coverage among full VA benefits and TRICARE.
- What beneficiaries pay for VA care? How does service connection, non-service connection and/or disability rating factor into what beneficiaries pay out-of-pocket?
- When might the VA pay for care to non-VA providers, programs like Veterans Choice?
Date: April 28, 2015
Time: 03:00 PM ET
Guest Presenter: Bobby Ehrig, Executive Director, San Antonio Coalition for Veterans & Families and Veteran Service Officer
Note: We cannot offer CEUs or certificates of attendance for this webinar.
If you plan to attend this webinar, please also consider answering a few brief questions in this survey, so the presenter can tailor the webinar to the audience's interests.