The Sargent Shriver National Center on Poverty Law is hosting a webinar on about the Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act (PTFA). PTFA protections for renters facing eviction because of foreclosure expired on December 31, 2014.
Speakers, who include NLIHC Senior VP for Policy Linda Couch, will discuss the expiration of the federal PTFA and the status of efforts to re-introduce it, as well as campaigns in several states to enact similar protections. There will be a discussion of successful strategies to secure protections for renters and challenges to such efforts.
- Tristia Bauman, Senior Attorney, National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty
- Jeremy Bergstrom, Senior Staff Attorney, Sargent Shriver National Center on Poverty Law
- Linda Couch, Senior Vice President for Policy, National Low Income Housing Coalition
- Matt Hill, Attorney, Public Justice Center
- Kent Qian, Staff Attorney, National Housing Law Project
The one-hour webinar will be on Wednesday, February 4 at 4:00 pm ET.
as shared by the National Low Income Housing Coalition
# also always check with your State, County, and City laws, as there may be additional laws where you live.