as shared by Disability.gov
Top 10 Guest Blogs of 2014
Top 10 Guest Blogs of 2014
By Stephanie Bostaph, Communications Specialist, Disability.gov
The start of the New Year is a time for reflection and a moment of new beginnings. When the clock strikes midnight, people resolve to do things a little differently – be a little kinder, work a little harder and love a little deeper. Our team was finally able to reveal a new user-friendly blog design, which reinforces our commitment to accessibility and usability, as well as our mission to connect people of all abilities to the resources they need to fully participate in their communities.
For the last few months, we have worked with a dedicated team of graphic designers, developers and accessibility consultants to prepare Disability.Blog for this transition. We hope you enjoy the new features: things like larger font, a clutter-free layout and a bright blue outline that appears anytime you hover over links on the site. Please share your feedback in our comments section below. We’d love to hear what you think!
Another reason we look forward to this time of year is our annual countdown of the Top 10 Guest Blogs. You may recognize Wayne Connell and Megan Totka, two of our regular contributors, who made the list; however, visitors also loved new guest blog contributions from Lilah Spencer, who through her mother, Leslie, shared what it was like for her parents to find out she has a disability and Steve Vicks, the founder of Noble Paws, Inc., a nonprofit that helps people with disabilities learn how to run a team of sled dogs.
Drum roll, please! Below are the 10 most popular guest blogs on Disability.Blog in 2014 (based on unique visits):
- My Story: For the Love of Lilah by Guest Bloggers Leslie and Lilah Spencer of Dream Big Little One
- My Disability May Be Invisible, But I’m Not! by Guest Blogger Wayne Connell, the founder and president of the Invisible Disabilities Association
- The Loneliness of Illness and Pain by Guest Blogger Wayne Connell, the founder and president of the Invisible Disabilities Association
- Embracing Energy Efficiency and Your Utility Bill by Alexis Powers, a digital communications specialist at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, U.S. Department of Energy
- Helping Disabled Veterans to Start Businesses by Guest Blogger Cecilia Taylor of the Office of Communications and Public Liaison, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Four of the Best Apps for People with Disabilities by Guest Blogger Megan Totka, the chief editor of ChamberofCommerce.com
- Six Rules for Living with a New Disability by Guest Blogger Dr. Katherine Schneider, an author and retired clinical psychologist
- Working at Home in the Ticket to Work Program by Guest Blogger Lisa Seeley, a Ticket to Work Program Participant
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home-Based Business Running Smoothly by Guest Blogger Megan Totka, the chief editor of ChamberofCommerce.com
- Providing a Dog Powered Adaptive Experience by Steve Vick, the president of Noble Paws, Inc.
Once again, THANK YOU! From our guest blog contributors, who take the time to share their expertise and personal stories, to our loyal blog followers, who read, comment and share the posts, we appreciate your support.
If you are new to Disability.Blog, sign up for email alerts so you don’t miss the next guest blog.