The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) has announced the 2014 schedule for their Holiday Train, and this year the first Holiday Bus as well. The CTA is Accessible for people with disabilities (but with a few ignored issues- my opinion).
The CTA and the CTA employees have always done a wonderful effort into bringing Holiday cheer to all of Chicago, and suburbs CTA serves.
The six-car CTA train adorned with holiday lights and decorations that stops at rail stations as part of a two-decade tradition.
The 2014 Holiday Train schedule:
- Green Line: Nov. 28-29 and Dec. 2
- Orange and Brown Line: Dec. 3-6
- Pink Line: Dec. 9-10
- Blue Line: Dec. 11-13
- Red Line: Dec. 16, 18, 20, 22
- Purple Line: Dec. 17, 19, 20
- Yellow Line: Dec. 23
This year the CTA will operate a Holiday Bus, a 60-foot bus adorned with festive decorations that features a picture of "Ralphie the Reindeer," until Dec. 23. The bus will operate generally from 1 to 8 p.m. on nine regular CTA routes that serve downtown, the CTA announced. The CTA Bus Tracker will denote the holiday bus with a candy cane. Normal CTA bus fares apply to ride the bus.
- Dec. 2 and 3: No. J14-Jeffery Jump
- Dec. 4 and 5: No. 62-Archer
- Dec. 6 and 9: No. 3-King Drive
- Dec. 10 and 11: No. 12-Roosevelt
- Dec. 12 and 13: No. 66-Chicago
- Dec. 17 and 18: No. 56-Milwaukee
- Dec. 19 and 20: No. 22-Clark
- Dec. 22: No. 124-Navy Pier
- Dec. 23: No. 49-Western
For the CTA, visit: http://www.transitchicago.com/
For CTA Accessibility information, visit: http://www.transitchicago.com/accessibility/