Disability News Service, Resources, Diversity, Americans with Disabilities Act; Local and National.

Monday, May 16, 2011

LifeMyWay : video : Bryal: Shine like a star : Community, Advocacy & Disability Life in Illinois

I want people to know, it's OK to be different. I do Special Olympics basketball and track, I like to sing and I write poetry. Freedom is to not let anyone put you down, and say what you want to say and say what you believe in. This is my story.

Uploaded by lifemywayil on Feb 3, 2010
(refresh if no video)

My likes:
My favorite things to do are writing songs in my journals, singing and putting on plays. I like to eat salad, popcorn, calorie packs, ice cream and cookies. My favorite programs to watch are Jonas Brothers, Gilmore Girls, Greek, Gossip Girl, Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, ICarly, The Sacrifice of an American Teenager and Sonny with a Chance.

My story:
I am nice, kind smart, outgoing, brave and always there for my friends, and honest. My typical day is sleeping in to 11 a.m. and then I write in my journals and after that, I eat a healthy meal and workout. My friends support me all the time. They are always there for me when I’m having a bad day.

LifeMyWay means:
It’s knowing you can do anything if you just believe in yourself. Life is following your dreams and heart, and taking a chance and never giving up on yourself or your dreams. Life goes on and you have new challenges every day. You make big choices by yourself. Life is what you make it. It’s about coming together to work as a team and become stronger. It’s meeting new people and trying to work together as one.

My dreams:
To meet the Jonas brothers, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, and Demi Lovato. To become famous and known for my singing and acting. I want support from my family for whatever I do in my life. I also want people to love me for who I am in the inside.

## For Life my Way, click headline or go to: http://www.lifemyway.org/

No comments: