Disability News Service, Resources, Diversity, Americans with Disabilities Act; Local and National.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Man With Down Syndrome Received 30,000 Cards For His Birthday! Thanks To His Father’s Facebook Post

“People say the world is selfish. I can now say this isn’t true.”

article by Marie Telling | BuzzFeed | Nov 24, 2014

At the beginning of November, Lucien Parisseaux of Calais, France, posted a picture of his son, Manuel, on Facebook. Manuel was about to turn 30, so Lucien asked his friends to send his son some birthday cards.


sse
Manuel PARISSEAUX
36 RUE PABLO NERUDA
62100 CALAIS
FRANCE
Lucien Parisseaux Bonjour has all I an application has all my Facebook friends: my son Manuel will have 30 years on 22/11/14 he loves receiving postcards my son is trisomic! I have come to you to ask you to take a few minutes of your time and send him a small card and pass this info to all your friends do not stop my chain I thank you all for your gesture that will make my happy super Manu here is the manual PARISSEAUX 36 RUE PABLO NERUDA 62100 CALAIS FRANCE address(Translated by Bing)

“I have a favor to ask from all my Facebook friends: my son Manuel is about to turn 30 on November, 22, and he loves to receive postcards,” wrote Manuel’s father.

He explained that Manuel has Down syndrome and asked for his friends to take a few minutes to write a card and to share the request with their own friends.

He explained that Manuel has Down syndrome and asked for his friends to take a few minutes to write a card and to share the request with their own friends.

Lucien has only 22 friends on Facebook, but his message quickly spread and has now been shared by more than 120,000 people.

Lucien has only 22 friends on Facebook, but his message quickly spread and has now been shared by more than 120,000 people.

It wasn’t long before the family started receiving thousands of cards every day.

It wasn't long before the family started receiving thousands of cards every day.

By November 22, Manuel’s birthday, they had received almost 30,000 cards from all around the world.

“We are a bit overwhelmed,” his mother Jacqueline told the local press. “We couldn’t imagine that my husband’s Facebook message would trigger such a phenomenon. It’s beautiful, it’s wonderful!”

"We are a bit overwhelmed," his mother Jacqueline told the local press. "We couldn't imagine that my husband's Facebook message would trigger such a phenomenon. It's beautiful, it's wonderful!"

The local post office even had to assign two employees to exclusively take care of Manuel’s mail.

“People say that our world is selfish,” said Cathy,Manuel’s sister. “I can now say that this isn’t true. Everywhere, parents asked their kids to draw something for Manuel and taught them about the right to be different.”

"People say that our world is selfish," said Cathy, Manuel's sister. "I can now say that this isn't true. Everywhere, parents asked their kids to draw something for Manuel and taught them about the right to be different."

“People took the time to go to the post office for my brother. It is a beautiful lesson in humanity.”


http://www.buzzfeed.com/marietelling/thanks-to-his-fathers-facebook-post-this-man-with-down-syndr

No comments: