Disability News Service, Resources, Diversity, Americans with Disabilities Act; Local and National.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Anti-Bullying Campaign 2013 - American Association of People with Disabilities

The following info is from American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD)...

Thank you for confiding in me.

My job at AAPD is to make sure our door is always open and that no phone call goes unanswered. Last week, a young woman poured her heart out to me telling me that her boss and co-workers have been bullying her for not having any fingers on her left hand.

The young woman tearfully asked, “Jon, what do I do? They won’t stop poking fun at me for not having any fingers. I just want to break down and cry.”

This is the reason is why I am trying my best to raise $10,000 by July 31st to fund AAPD’s anti-bullying campaign, and I could really use your help!

A contribution of $15, $50, $100, $250 or whatever you can contribute will make a huge difference in the lives of the 65% of people with disabilities who are bullied on a daily basis.

As someone who was born with cerebral palsy, I know what it feels like to experience society’s unwillingness to accept those who are disabled or different. Everyday, I speak to hundreds of people from all walks of life answering their legal, personal, and employment questions. As an academic who has laboriously studied the works of men and women involved in policy making, I knew how to successfully direct this wonderful woman in the right direction, and have been able to do the same for others who are similarly situated.

With your help I will be able to beat my goal and make sure that my team has the resources it needs to expand its operation. So, please donate today!

Together we will make sure that the voices of those in the disability community are stronger than ever. Thank you again for your support. It means so much to me and I could not undertake this challenge without you.

Thank you very much!

With open arms,

Jon

PS. Please share and forward this message to everyone you know to help me in the effort to stop bullying.

American Association of People with Disabilities
2013 H Street NW, 5th Floor | Washington, DC 20006

For the American Association of People with Disabilities homepage: CLICK HERE

No comments: