Disability News Service, Resources, Diversity, Americans with Disabilities Act; Local and National.

Friday, May 31, 2013

AAPD’s anti-bullying campaign - Half way there : American Association of People with Disabilities


My friend!

I’m off to a great start, but I still need your help.

You may or may not have already heard from me. If you have, thank you very much for your willingness to listen to my story. If you haven’t, my name is Jon Harmatz, and I’m trying my best to raise $10,000 to fund AAPD’s anti-bullying campaign.

I’m about half way there; can I count on you to help me reach my goal?

Please rise up to the challenge and contribute $15, $50, $100, $250 or whatever you can to help make a difference in the lives of the 65% of people with disabilities who are bullied on a daily basis.

AAPD’s anti-bullying campaign is powered by the realities of everyday Americans.
Last week, I answered a phone call from a young woman who was bullied in the work place for not having any fingers on her left hand.

Last year, George Hodgins, an autistic adult was murdered by his caregiver and public discussion focused on expressing sympathy for his killer.

A mother of four is diagnosed with bipolarity and her friends never look at her the same way ever again.

An accomplished professional is denied a promotion and relegated to the back of the office because her prosthetic arm broke the company’s desired aesthetic.

A 14-year old special needs student in Ohio is bullied by her teachers to such an extent that she starts harming herself in order to stay away from school.
We live in troubled times, and we must make a difference today.

Donate today! And, I will make sure that someone from our team personally reaches out to you, and keeps you posted about the progress of our work!

Thank you for your incredible support of AAPD!

Warmly,
Jon

American Association of People with Disabilities
2013 H Street NW, 5th Floor | Washington, DC 20006

No comments: